its a 64-bit quad-core Arm Cortex-A76 processor running at 2.4GHz, Raspberry Pi 5 delivers a 2-3x increase in CPU performance relative to Raspberry Pi 4! Raspberry Pi 5 also brings with it a huge list of great new features and improvements, making this the best Raspberry Pi yet
Raspberry Pi 5 delivers a substantial uplift in graphics performance from the 800MHz VideoCore VII GPU, connected to the BCM2712 via PCI Express.
This allows Raspberry Pi 5 to offer full dual 4Kp60 display output via micro HDMI. These performance improvements provide a smooth desktop experience whilst browsing the internet and streaming videos.
Raspberry Pi 5 Specifications
• 2.4GHz quad-core, 64-bit Arm Cortex-A76 CPU, with 512KB L2 caches and a 2MB shared L3 cache
• VideoCore VII GPU
• LPDDR4X-4267 SDRAM (4GB and 8GB SKUs available at launch)
• 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz 802.11ac Wi-Fi
• Bluetooth 5.0 / Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
• Micro SD card slot, with support for high-speed SDR104 mode
• 2 × USB 3.0 ports, supporting simultaneous 5Gbps operation
• 2 × USB 2.0 ports
• Gigabit Ethernet, with PoE+ support (requires PoE+ HAT)
• 2 × 4 lane MIPI camera/display transceivers
• PCIe 2.0 x1 interface for fast peripherals
• 5V/5A DC power (PD enabled)
• Raspberry Pi standard 40-pin header
• Real-Time Clock (RTC), powered from external battery
• On-board power button!!